Well, there’s only 33 days left until Max’s first birthday (OMGHOLYWHATTHEHELL), which means there’s a party to follow that. I’ve been brainstorming this party for some time now and I’ve been trying to find some DIY projects to do for decorations. One of the projects I wanted to do was a bunting. There are a million tutorials on Pinterest for these things, but they’re also pretty self explanatory. Here’s how I made mine.
What I used:
-1/2 inch bias tape
-fabric of your choosing
-cutting board and rotary cutter
First thing I did was choose my fabric. I went to Fabric Depot a couple of weekends ago when they were having their 30% off everything sale (AWESOME) and chose my fabric. The first one I picked up was the multi colored with the starbursts, and I from there I chose the others. The blue dots and the brown wood grain were fat quarters (which I was hoping to find all my fabrics in). I like the main multi colored one so much, I bought 1/2 a yard so I can include it in the quilt I’m (hoping to) make for Max for his birthday.
Next I measured a 5×5 square and marked it with a dressmakers pencil. Then I cut out my square and folded it in half. I marked my first cut on my first square, just diagonally across. I used my pinking shears for this cut. I cut all of my triangles from each of my fabrics, 22 in total.
Next I stacked my triangles in the order I wanted them sewn. This is probably the easiest part, I mean the whole thing’s easy but cutting out all those triangles was more tedious than this. All I did was slip each triangle into the fold of the bias tape, and sew.
This took a grand total of about 3 hours total, but only because of a sick baby. Sick babies are the worst, and by that I mean that it’s the worst when babies are sick. He’s getting better, thankfully.
I just love the finished product. I think this is going to be one of those party staples for each of Max’s birthdays growing up.